I have learned so many things from someone very important in my life. She is someone I look up to. I hope to grow and be more and more like her. She is my mother.
This recipe I’m about to share with you was hers. She taught me how to do it a few years back. It takes some time, but it’s simple to make. I make this for my family and my kids even love it. I also make it at church. I’ve received so many compliments on this. They tell me even their kids will eat it, and they don’t eat much of anything. I hope you share this with your family and friends and enjoy it as much as we have!
Chicken and Rice Casserole
Makes 6-8 servings
2-3 chicken breast – boiled
1 & 1/2-2 cups of cooked rice
12 -16 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 package of ritz crackers
1 stick of butter
1. Boil chicken until done – about 30-45 minutes (thawed) or 60 minutes (frozen)
2. Take chicken out of pot to cool. Then cut or shred into smaller pieces.
3. Boil rice, but use the same water the chicken was cooked in. This is very important and where the flavor really steps up a notch.
4. Mix cooked chicken, rice, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup together. I like for it to be very creamy when it’s mixed together. If not, I’ll add a little more sour cream or soup to the mix.
5. Pour mixture on a greased 9×13 in dish.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
7. While that’s in the oven, melt the stick of butter in microwave. Put the ritz crackers in a baggie and crush.
8. Mix the butter and crackers in a bowl.
9. Once casserole time passes, take it out of the oven. Spoon out butter and cracker mix over the top and place back in oven. Bake another 5-10 minutes until top browns a little.
10. Take out, sprinkle salt and pepper over casserole, and serve.
I’ll usually have a veggie like green beans, broccoli, or a mixed veggie on the side with rolls.